2.3.10

I..

am at a lost end as to what to write about today, but I will soldier on none the less and still manage to produce a couple of hundred words about pretty much nothing at all.

I am fully aware I pretty much never ever ever make a point, and I don't ever intend to make a truly serious point. If you know me at all you'll know it's completely not my character to be serious, or make a point for that matter. Which I think is one of the better points to my character at times, it allows me to diffuse situations quite easily. 

Anyway onto more important things such as summer. Everybody seems to be really up for this summer and I'm unsure as to why, probably because it'll be the first summer where everybody is 18 or about to be 18. This should equate to one big super party, but I know for a fact it won't play out that way at all. For a start nobody will probably have any money, I certainly know I won't even though I've started saving already. The people that will have money however will be in work all the time, this means they won't be able to go out either. 

In fairness I am excited about a few things I suppose. My birthday of course, which I shall do everything in my power to make absolutely amazing. It is on a Monday which I suppose allows me to warm up all week then go out on the following Friday and Saturday and "Crank it up to the gigawatt's". Hopefully on the Monday I shall have my tattoo done as well, it will be the first initials of all of my family members; Nans, Grandads, Mum, Dad, Martin and Grace and Lily. 

I am also excited about going to university I guess. I can't wait to be free of both Ellesmere Port and it's little bastard inhabitants. The lower years in school now have become beyond a joke. I know university won't be much of a step up as I'm only going to Warrington, but it has to be better than Ellesmere Port right? Also it means I'll be doing something that, to be honest, I actually love doing. I love manipulating other people's music, and making my own of course. I am really excited about being able to better myself musically, and learning more about how music effects people's moods and society.

I hope that leaning all these new skills will allow me to get better at the sole activity I enjoy most in life, DJ-ing. I feel like a different person when I've got the headphones on and I'm in the booth. Nothing is important for that hour or hour and a half, it becomes just about me, the music and people having a good time. I try my hardest to make sure everybody has a good time every time I do a set and that's why it really does hurt me if people say it isn't very good. People really do not appreciate the amount of work it takes to put a DJ set together, as far as they are aware I press play then stand there looking pretty. That couldn't be further from the truth.

If you didn't know my left foot is bigger than my right foot. 

Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?..Yes, you!