15.12.09

She Said..

You're just as boring as every one else.

How is everybody this fine, if not chilly night?
I've fixed my laptop because I'm just ever so slightly brilliant, speaking of which, I have a new found respect of hair clips.
I may well do a spot of music at my New Year's Eve party now, I think I need the practice.

Today, ladies and gentlemen, a poem that I witnessed preached from a square in the fair city of Amsterdam..

There is soul,
and there are things.
Imagine a world made up only of objects,
a world of idle tools,
a restaurant of nothing but tables and chairs,
a large empty theatre,
or a deserted plaza in summer.
They cry out for the service of man,
the service of life.
We call on man to display his splendid capabilities.
And we observe with undivided attention,
because the little nuances in the quality of his service give a flawless measure of his mind,
there tell us frankly what his soul is worth,
because,
to serve is first to love.

1 comment:

What do you think?..Yes, you!